Here at Be Wright Fit we offer 4 types of massage therapy, therapeutic, deep tissue, pregnancy & Indian head, each one has its own benefits.
General Benefits of Massage are as follows.
- Reduces anxiety & depression
- Relieves back pain & muscle pain
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Eases PMT symptoms
- Re-energizes stressed out workers
- Boosts the Immune System
- Helps insomnia
- Can help ease symptoms of arthritis
- Can also help certain digestive complaints as constipation.
Therapeutic massage affects the nervous system through the nerve endings in the skin, stimulating the release of endorphins to help induce relaxation and well being, to reduce pain and reduce the levels of stress chemicals, it helps reverse the damaging effects of stress by slowing the heart rate, respiration & metabolism and lowering blood pressure.
30 Minutes ….£30 60 Minutes ….£40 90 Minutes ….£60
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage Focuses on realigning the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. You use most of the same movements as the Therapeutic Massage but the movement is slower and pressure deeper and more concentrated on the areas of pain and tension. It physically breaks down the tissue to relieve the pain and restore normal movement. It is generally used for the following.
- Chronic Pain
- Limited Mobility
- Recovery from Injuries
- Repetitive strain Injury
- Postural Problems
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Muscle Tension & Spasm
Deep Tissue Massage helps refresh and relax the muscles, increases the flow of blood and oxygen around the body, this enables the body to get rid of toxins in very sore and strained muscles helping to strengthen and heal.
30 Minutes ….£35 60 Minutes ….£45 90 Minutes ….£65
The main difference between a Therapeutic Massage and a Pregnancy Massage is the position of the client, this is vital due to comfort and the safety for both baby and mother. Some Massage techniques like deep tissue cannot be used and certain areas of the body should be avoided. Some of the benefits of having a Pregnancy Massage are as follows.
- Tranquil relaxation and reduces stress
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms and myofascial pain especially in the lower back, neck, hips and legs
- Increase in blood and Lymph circulation (Reduces Swelling)
- Reduces stress on weight bearing joints
- Use of massage can improve the outcome of Labor and ease Labor pain
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- Helps aid sleep especially in the later stages 30 Minutes ….£30 60 Minutes ….£40
Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage is a practice that has been going for over 1000 years. Todays form of Indian Head Massage comes from the seventies, it includes neck, shoulders and face in the massage and uses some Shiatsu and Acupressure to relax the tense areas, rebalance the energy and clear any areas of negative energy.
The aim is to restore balance and harmony. It should feel like a full body massage and it is felt throughout the body due to the several Acupressure points around the head. Some benefits of an Indian Head Massage is as follows.
- Relief from mental and emotional stress
- Increase Oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
- Improves circulation of cerebrospinal fluid
- Improve the growth and lustre of the hair
- Can give relief from sinus pain 30 minutes ….£35