Saturday was Random act of Kindness day.
So, what are you going to do?
There are so many reasons why you should just do some sort of random act of kindness.
Especially the way the world is at the moment, way to much hate and not enough love.
So, spread some love and do something for someone.
Here are a few reasons for doing a random act of kindness.
These are in no particular order, just the order they come out of my head. Like most of the stuff I write.
Showing Kindness makes you feel good about yourself – it really does, it makes you have a little buzz throughout the day every time you think about it. It improves your self-respect and self-esteem, you realise that you’re not actually a bad person.
Doing a good deed will come back to your threefold at some point, don’t expect it to happen and don’t do your random act of kindness to be repaid but it will happen at some point.
If you have a lot of shit going on in your life, doing a random act of kindness can help take your mind of it. Take you away from your shit and bring you up for a bit. It can relieve feelings of guilt and stress.
You can become a more likeable person. The better you feel about yourself and the nicer you are then you will radiate out goodness and attract nicer people to your life.
You can encourage others to be kind too, it’s like a virus that spreads from person to person. The whole pay it forward thing, you do it to someone, that person does it and so on and so on.
It makes you more of an optimist, you realise that the world isn’t just shit and humans are lovely.
It can make that person’s day, they could be having an absolute shite day and you just doing that little something could make their day, it could make them smile.
It benefits the world, as I said at the beginning the world is at a weird place right now and could do with more love.
So, what can I do? I hear you ask.
I’ve made it easy for you, I’ve chosen 31 things below for you to do, it is very simple, depending on what day of the month you were born will be the thing you should do for someone.
1) Give someone a lift
2) If you know someone is at home ill in bed, send round a get well soon parcel of stuff, just to make them feel a little better.
3) If you see a vending machine, buy something and just leave it in the bottom.
4) Help foreign kids in china learn English, if you’ve finished a book or a load of magazines you can send them to random Chinese kids at The English Students, LingLing Xue Yuan, Yongzhou, Hunan, 42500, China
5) Give a homeless person a flask
6) If you still go to a library hide a complimentary note in a book saying you look great today, you could do this in a bookshop as well.
7) Hug someone you don’t normally hug, extra kindness points if it is a stranger
8) Give a slice of your pizza to the delivery guy
9) Find old scarves and hats you don’t use anymore and offer them to the homeless or old people
10) Help an old person do their shopping
11) Plant a flower in someone’s garden under the cover of darkness
12) Buy a scratch card and hand it to a stranger
13) Offer to buy someone a drink
14) Pay for the coffee of the person behind you
15) If you see someone walk out of a hairdressers, tell them they look amazing
16) If it’s raining share your umbrella with someone
17) Unless your waiter or Waitress was proper shit then say something nice about them to whoever looks in charge.
18) If someone cuts you up in traffic, don’t stick your finger up at them but wave at them like a lunatic
19) Share your meal, if you can’t finish your meal, box it up and hand it to someone that could do with it.
20) Leave your pound coin in the shopping trolley for the next person
21) Treat a cabbie, hail down a cabbie and when they open the window just give them a chocolate bar and wish them a good day
22) Post a packet of seeds through someone’s letterbox that has a particularly lovely garden.
23) Write a cheery hello on a bank note and spend it
24) Play knock down ginger and leave a present on the door step for the confused person (not dog shit)
25) Make someone a mixtape (yeah, yeah, I’m showing my age)
26) Resist the urge to kill
27) Make someone breakfast in bed
28) Give your unused board games to the kid next door
29) If you see someone struggling whilst out, ask if they need a hand
30) Support live music
31) Turn up outside a random wedding with extra confetti
So, there you go, what do you think, of course you don’t need to stick to that list, you could do your own random act of kindness.
Be kind people and spread the love.