Well it’s that time of year again and yes it is getting closer and if you are like me you are now sitting there going, errrrr what do I get that person in my life who likes to workout? why are they so hard to buy for?
You have two options, either agree you are not going to buy anything for each other and go away in the new year (my personal favourite) or read stuff like this to give you a few options. I admit some of this stuff I sell in my shop and the stuff I don’t I have put some links in so you don’t have to google it.
So here goes, in no particular order (this means whatever comes into my head first)
1) Cook books, everyone likes a cook book at Christmas and then they go on the shelf never to be used, however these are two that I love and constantly use, they are brilliant, well written and in my opinion a must for everyones shelf, not just the health freak.
Fitter Food – Absolutely superb ideas for good clean, wholesome food, and it’s not just about the food, there are some great tips on why you should eat good food and the effects the crap is having on your body, don’t just bypass the beginning and go to the recipes, actually read the thing. This can be found here http://store.fitterlondon.co.uk/fitter-food-a-lifelong-recipe-for-health-fat-loss/ the guys that wrote this know their onions and if you like nutrition then give their podcast a listen as well.
Another cook book I love to use, mainly because I have a sweet tooth and don’t want to eat crap to often so if I was to tell you, you could make puddings healthier, you would jump at the chance no doubt, so you can, you can make cracking protein cheesecake, banana loaf made using sweet potato, (fantastic) so what are you waiting for, go buy the cook book from Protein Pow. This can be purchased through Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0957356706/
2) Yoga Mat, these have so many uses, they are not just for yoga, just like a dog is not just for Christmas (see serious messages here as well), you can use them for all types of exercise where you don’t want to slip about, they can be used as a non slip base in the boot of the car, or as a runner in the hallway. So many uses and a must have for all FF’s, no one really likes turning up to a yoga class and using the mats there as you don’t really know who has sweated on it before hand. Yogamatters yoga mat which are available in my shop, the link is below are also latex free so all good for those that have an allergy to latex. The price of yoga mats vary massively, from the really cheap ones for less than £10 to one I saw at the recent yoga show which was £90, now personally for £90 I would want the mat to do the class for me. Anyway the link is below if you fancy have a little butchers at it. http://www.bewrightfit.co.uk/shop/equipment/
3) Yoga Towels, now you are asking why a towel for yoga can’t I use a normal one, well yes you can but it will move on the mat and you will probably have to have two to cover the mat, a microfiber mat has non slip bits on one side and will cover your mat, they soak up your sweat and are easily washable as well, keeping the lifespan of your yoga mat, also easy to carry they could be used at a class where you are using their mats, that way you don’t have to worry about who has sweated on it before. Those two items in my opinion should come together. http://www.bewrightfit.co.uk/shop/equipment/
4) Headphones, now these are another must have in the gym bag in my opinion, if you are running or working out alone then invest in a decent pair of headphones, whether they be sports or big over the head jobs, but please make sure they are noise cancelling ones as no one else wants to listen to your crap taste in music 🙂
5) Heart rate monitor, it’s always nice to have an idea about what you are burning, there are so many on the market now, some will tell you how far you have run along with the calories you have burned, I am pretty sure there are some out there that will ,make the tea as well and when I find it I am having it. Most FFs like to know how hard they are training and this will tell them how many calories they burned and how the old ticker is doing as well. If there isn’t one on the wrist then get one.
6) Recovery products, now you have plenty out there but I swear by the Natural Hero stuff, their muscle rub on tired tight muscles is immense and the bath oil well cracking, seeps into the muscle, warms it and relaxes it. The muscle rub is 98% natural and the soak is 100% natural using ginger, it not only gets into the muscle but nourishes the skin, they do 3 products the rub, oil and peppermint spritz when the cooling effect is required, I have a gift bag of all 3 which comes in a nice linen bag on the website, you can also buy them separately if you so require. http://www.bewrightfit.co.uk/shop/natural-hero/
6) A cracking little stocking filler is Nuun hydration, it is an electrolyte enhanced drink for when you are working out but without all the sugar, stick a tab in the water bottle and bobs your uncle a great refreshing drink whilst you sweat, I use this myself and sell a few to my clients and I have to say those that use it love it, no more shop brought ready made bottles of sugar, this is the way forward. http://www.nuun.com/products
7) Clothing, now what better time to get them some work out gear, even if they don’t stick to their new years resolution then you know at least it was used in January, 1 thing I have noticed with women is headbands, they all like a headband especially if they have long hair, keeps the hair out of your face whilst bouncing around. http://www.bandana-world.com/Headbands-Headwraps_c_34.html
Also for those ladies that need support, get yourself over to Boobydoo bras as they have a cracking selection and not only are the ladies lovely there but according to my clients who use them, they say it’s like scaffolding, perfect for working out in. http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/
Well have fun folks, have a great Christmas and I hope some of this was useful if not no worries hope you enjoyed the read.