The pursuit of health and fitness is a funny thing.
You have those out there seeking the physique of their dreams, these people will spend a lot of time, energy, and money on the things that will most obviously affect their results.
They also spend a of money of quick fixes.
But, those in the know will join a gym and go, eat well and make big, strong choices to keep them going forward on their journey.
Big strong positive choices fuck yeah I’m all for that.
Now as mentioned these are positive steps but they are also the big steps.
It’s the small things that will help keep you moving forward, as we know it’s the small things that add up to make huge things.
We need to be doing the most to maximize our chances of getting to where we want to be.
There are some non-negotiables to make sure we achieve the things we want to achieve.
These are our daily habits.
This is what I try to install into everyone that trains, with me.
We have 7 to work on and they are all very simple and are the small things that make the big things work.
1) Eat better – it doesn’t have to be a particular way like paleo or clean, it just has to be better. Take for example if you eat a huge bar of chocolate then just eat a smaller one.
2) Move more daily – this doesn’t mean you need to train everyday to kick your arse, it just means moving more daily. If you currently only do around 2000 steps a day as you have a sedentary job the aim for 5.
3) Recover – Rest, stretch, yoga and more importantly sleep. I will come on to this one more next week.
4) Hydrate – Drink plenty of water, we all start to feel tired once we are only 10% dehydrated, lethargy kicks in and then we start to make those choices that can hinder us.
5) Keep focused – keep your focus on your goal, have that end goal in mind but have little targets to hit along the way and always remember why you are doing it.
6) Enjoy life – this should be fucking obvious really, we have one life in this body and none of us know when its over, so make the best of it, enjoy yourself, be happy.
7) Don’t be a dick – be nice, help others and just don’t be a dick, the world is full of dicks already it doesn’t need anymore. Most of them run countries and huge businesses if you’re not sure who I’m referring too. However the muppet on your street also counts.
There you go, 7 daily habits to work on to get you where you want to be.
Keep smiling people.
Go Spread the Love.