10 Years seems like a long time when you think about it but time flies by really quickly, the kids are grown up, I have a mid-life crisis going on and we all have those days when we just don’t want to adult anymore.
So here is the second part of the list.
43) Being strong makes day to day life a lot easier.
44) Balance is key, in food, in training and in life in general, without light and dark you can’t exist, which one comes out on top is the one you feed with your thoughts, emotions and actions.
45) Mindset is key, be positive about it, believe you can do it, if you walk up to something believing you can’t do it, you won’t.
46) Life is about constantly learning new stuff, I’ve learnt more in the last few years of my life than I ever did at school.
47) Stop hating yourself, see number 42. If you don’t like what you see, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to sit there and just wallow or step up and change it?
48) Once you start you cannot stop, you don’t have to be doing the same stuff all the time, in fact you shouldn’t, but if you stop and do nowt and eat badly you are constantly going up and down, feeling like you never get anywhere.
49) Exercise is brilliant, food is brilliant but moving daily is the ultimate, you can eat well and train but unless you move more daily you won’t burn those calories you need to lose the weight.
50) Losing weight comes down to calories in and calories out.
51) Don’t expect to lose all the weight you gained over 10-15 or 20 years in 3 weeks.
52) Stop trying to be a perfectionist, stop trying to make things perfect before starting them, get the base right and do it, then tweak it as when it’s needed.
53) Reading an old school book is great, it takes time away from devices and helps my head switch off.
54) I like comic books.
55) Deadpool is fucking brilliant.
56) I may have grown older, this doesn’t mean I’ve grown up
57) I need to drink 3-4 litres of water a day otherwise I start to feel tired.
58) I feel I’m pretty good at reading people and knowing when they are going to be able to work with me or they are going to be a complete pain in the arse.
59) I know when to stick my arm around someone and when to kick them up the arse.
60) Being a PT isn’t just being a trainer, in fact I dislike the word trainer as it is so much more than that, coach is probably the better choice, although we are also a cheer leader, hug giver, smile maker, burden easer, obstacle smasher, fog clearer, peace bringer and courage bringer.
61) I can lift heavy and heavier than I thought.
62) Sometimes the smallest of changes make the most difference.
63) Rum is nice.
64) I want to move to Sardinia, I could quite happily live the rest of my days there.
65) I still want to travel the world, especially the far east before the world completely goes to pot.
66) We need to do more than we already do to help change it.
67) I miss my Beetle.
68) Without that one person in my life I wouldn’t be able to do what I do. Thank you.
69) I can do so much, but until someone starts to believe they are worthwhile nothing will change.
70) I do indeed have magic hands.
71) I get distracted easily whilst teaching mainly thinking about food.
72) I get my left & right mixed up as well as parts of my body
73) I forget the names of parts of the body
74) I tend to write down exactly what just pops into my mind.
75) Parents need to show the way for their kids, be a positive role model, if you are acting like a twat what do you think your child is going to do.
76) It doesn’t matter when you consume your protein calories whilst on a fat loss diet as long as your overall calories are less than you require.
77) If you are looking to get bigger, eating smaller meals more often is the way forward as long as you are hitting those protein levels.
78) Only remove a food group from your diet if it is having a negative effect on you.
79) Mmmmm food.
80) Women are machines in the gym, they tend to want to rush through their workouts and get it done and dusted and fuck off again. Blokes are quite happy to stand around for about 5 minutes in between each set.
81) There is a dark side to this industry that I really don’t like and in my opinion doesn’t promote a healthy lifestyle.
82) Dropping a 25kg weight plate on your foot hurts.
83) I like a snatch, and a clean & jerk.
84) My shoulder is buggered.
85) We all need to realise we are all just humans and need to love each other a bit more, except for a couple of people, they need to fuck off and allow those that need oxygen to use theirs.
86) There are people that will just take, once you realise who they are, keep contact with them to a minimum as they are like the death eaters form Harry Potter.
87) People will be Jealous of your success, fuck ‘em.
88) My head is my own worst enemy
89) I like who I am.
Anyway, that is pretty much the most of it, no doubt there are other things that I have learnt over the years but cannot think of at the moment. So, there may be a part three and four coming up.